Hey there friends, a very warm welcome to the first episode of the Lumieres Podcast.
The idea of creating a podcast has been hanging around on the peripheries of my dreaming for the last year or so. After some hard work and a little magical manifesting, here we are now in the reality! I’m excited to embark on this journey and I hope you’ll find it an entertaining and inspiring listen.
First up we have Jamie Morrison – Musician and Producer extraordinaire. Jamie is one heck of a productive and driven human being. His sparkling energy is a delight to behold and we had a wonderful conversation touching on all aspects of his life thus far. There’s also an extremely rare chance early on in the show to hear a some music by one of Jamie’s first bands, Manzerik. I want to express my gratitude to Jamie for his time and energy in making this happen… thanks brother!
If you feel to connect through liking, sharing or subscribing to the podcast I gratefully welcome your support.
Until the next time, big love everybody.
You can reach me via Facebook or Instagram, or send a message through the form on this website. If you enjoyed this episode, learned something or feel suitably inspired, then please consider sharing it with your friends and amongst your social networks. I’d be most grateful!
Jamie built his solid reputation as one of the UK’s most proficient drummers through early collaborations, appearing on Later… with Jools with Willis before joining The Noisettes in 2003. After the Noisettes ended, he played with Brian Adams, Martha Reeves and Sia amongst others, before getting the call to join Welsh rockers Stereophonics in 2012. As well as traveling all over the world playing shows, he is also a prolific producer, recently releasing a series of EPs with the collaborative ‘If You Want To Make a Song… HOLLA’ concept. He also co-produced the recent EP by Elkka, ‘HER’, which is currently ripping up the Spotify charts.
- How Jamie and I first met back in 2001
- Remembering Manzerik, one of Jamie’s first bands
- Manzerik – Candle Room (edit)
- Manipulating drums and cymbals to get original sounds
- Being a Drummer vs being a Musician
- How Jamie ended up joining the Stereophonics
- Jamie’s experience as a session musician
- Maturing as an individual within a band
- Maintaining clarity of vision through a strong foundation
- The importance of honesty
- Rock ’n’ Roll antics
- Jamie’s recent visit to his old primary school
- First drum teachers
- Parental gratitude
- Meeting Chad Smith of the RHCP
- Jamie’s experience as a producer
- The Drewford Alabama story
- Putting out good vibes to attract opportunities
- The HOLLA EPs
- Satisfaction and inspiration
CONNECT WITH JAMIE: